Lead Front End Engineer
You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for game design. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. You enjoy working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and challenge you.
Kabam Austin is looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our engineering team as Lead Frontend Engineer.
You will be joining a team of Engineers who work in a collaborative environment. You will be interacting on a daily basis with designers, artists, and other programmers to build gameplay features and create compelling experiences for players.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Ideate, architect, and implement gameplay systems as required by the Tech Lead and project(s) demands
- Write modular, secure and well-tested frontend code
- Collaborate with engineers, product management and design to help shape web based applications, UI, integration and support tasks
- Fine-tune gameplay and controls based on feedback from team and consumer playtests
- Help ideate and prototype new features and leverage community feedback to rapidly iterate on them
- Other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements may arise as requested
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in similar capacity, preferably in games
- Strong proficiency in Unity3D and C#
- Understanding of: modern web development standards, web security, performance, optimization, cross-browser compatibility and UI
- Solid debugging skills
- Passion for the latest mobile gaming trends
- Knowledge of mobile F2P video games and mobile UI best practices
- You know how to work in an Agile work environment, and how to use Agile methods to develop software, manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload and collaborate with co-workers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Can-do attitude
For those who want to take it up a notch, we’d love to see you having:
- 2+ years with Unity/C# professionally
- Experience with NGUI for Unity
- Experience developing with Unreal
- Experience shipping a mobile game
- Experience in Android / iOS Mobile application development
- Experience with graphics libraries or HTML5 Canvas
- Scripting proficiency with bash, python, or Lua
- Experience with JS or CSS pre-processors and web-asset packaging
Interested? Apply Now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of free-to-play games for mobile devices. Console quality graphics and next generation technology are the hallmark of Kabam games. Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behaviour to create immersive games enjoyed by players around the world. Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight and won several awards including Apple Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year. Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.