Full Stack Platform Engineer - multiple tech
You’ll work on a number of exciting products and interfaces, including our web video player and web embeddables products, SaaS platform software, microservice interfaces, split testing marketing pages, and much more. The ideal candidate is motivated by delivering high quality experiences, can work supremely well in a team context but can also function with some ambiguity, and cares a lot about learning, growth, and moving the needle.
- Have a passion for writing scalable code, efficiently, at a high quality level.
- Participate in defining, refining and communicating software requirements
- Partner with Product Managers & QA to ensure product requirements are met and we’re delivering value to customers
- Work well with local and remote team members
- Touch all aspects of development and operations, design, build, testing, deployment.
- Applied experience with Ruby on Rails at the intermediate to master level
- Know SQL, Git, and working with APIs
- Know AWS and how to deploy your own code (and not just to Heroku)
- Have conviction around integration unit testing
- Experience in Test Driven Development and focus on quality and scale
- Experience using a continuous integration/continuous deployment process.
- Experience with video streaming a huge plus
- Computer science degree or 2+ years professional software development experience
- Familiarity with Docker is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL, especially MongoDB
- Experience with data analytics and visualization
- Experience developing using a microservice architecture
- Experience working in agile development team
- Experience in video players and/or video publishing a HUGE plus