Front End Architect
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a track record of building complex systems.
You will join a talented team based in our offices in the Cambridge area, working in a friendly but fast paced and responsive environment in an established company with a very strong track record of delivery.The job role:
- Development of front-end application software for street light and other smart city central management systems
- Front-end architecture design and implementation of these designs with an emphasis on performance
- Driving best practices, keeping up to date with the ever-changing front-end technology landscape
- Process automation, including build/CI/deployment
- Maintaining consistent design language across the applications
- Documentation of software designs and review of software designs from peers
- Functional and unit test of software developed by you and others
- Learning new technologies relevant to the projects
- Work on projects with or without a team of other software engineers
- Deliver software to agreed time and quality targets
- 2.1 degree in a numerate / computer science related subject (or equivalent experience)
- Front-end architecture design and implementation with an emphasis on performance
- Deep knowledge of at least one modern JS framework, like Angular, React or Ember
- Some experience of server side coding
- Experience of the “full lifecycle” of software development: architecture, design, documentation, coding, testing
- Good eye and passion for code reviews
- Experience of designing and implementing with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience creating and maintaining design language frameworks
- Experience of building secure applications
- Experience with optimising code: finding bottlenecks and fixing them
- Ability to guide and mentor more junior engineers
- Experience in a digital design agency
- Experience of debugging and maintaining code written by others
- Experience of working within an Agile team
- Have developed skills in Dev OPS
We are expanding our network application software team to enable continued improvement of our industry leading PLANet street light control application and to expand into new applications for Telensa’s evolving Aptos low power wide area radio network technology.
This is a chance to join an expanding and profitable company at the cutting edge of commercial smart city and other wide area Internet of Things applications.
In return, we can offer a competitive package and an environment that will stimulate and challenge you to be at your best.